AEGIS vs. Other Antimicrobials
Protect Technologies uses the Aegis Microbe Shield to protect surfaces from harmful microbes. Our technology polymerizes (bonds) to surfaces resulting in a strong, durable, invisible, effective and extremely safe barrier that kills microorganisms on contact without leaching. The Aegis Microbe Shield is proven to control and prevent the growth of an extremely wide range of microorganisms such as bacteria, algae, yeasts, mould, and mildew.
AEGIS is a permanent antimicrobial surface treatment which has the following properties:
- Compatible with virtually all substrates, including natural and synthetic fibers.
- Does not create an environment that promotes adaptive microorganisms.
- No arsenic, tin, heavy metals, or polychlorinated phenols.
- Accepted, registered, and readily available worldwide.
- Does not rub off or migrate onto the skin.
- Kills microbes on contact.
The Aegis Microbe Shield is not a disinfectant. It is a long acting antimicrobial.